Analysis of esports and wagering regulation around the world
Wagering on eSports is still in its infancy and determining the future blueprint for how payments can be processed is crucial for future success. Regulation surrounding sports betting payments remains a contentious issue following the Department of Justice’s reinterpretation of the Wire Act and the rules for esports betting are no clearer. This session will look at:
- Models for payment regulations as they affect individual states and countries as esports betting is implemented
- How peer-to-peer betting can function
- What does the esports industry do to regulate themselves?
- Who are the groups in esports responsible as watch dogs?
- How will the casino regulate esports?
- How will government work with both groups
- The state of esports and specific games on which wagering currently exists
- How peer-to-peer betting be instituted and how the casino make money from this model